Men can be just as conscious of their body hair as women. And those who aren’t comfortable with it may look to hair removal methods such as shaving, sugaring, waxing, and laser hair removal. Manscaping not only provides many men with a clean, smooth, hairless look, but may also make some men feel cleaner, more aerodynamic, and even reduce sweating in certain areas. Despite there being quite a few options for hair removal, one of the most common is waxing.
Here are few benefits and pro tips for waxing at home for men:
1. Waxing lasts longer
The best thing about waxing is that the results tend to last a little longer than most other techniques, aside from more permanent laser hair removal treatments, which can be quite costly.market. Once hair is removed via waxing, it takes about four to six weeks to grow back. When they grow back, the hair grows back straight and without any blunt ends, which could otherwise cause itching or other skin rashes.
2. Waxing can be done at home
You can definitely wax yourself at home provided you know the technique. It is a quick solution when you need quick grooming for some occasion (i.e., beach party). Or you can also get professional help if you want to do it perfectly, without any chafing or rash.
3. Waxing can be painful
On the other hand, one of the major drawbacks of this hair removal technique for men is that the process can be painful, so much so that you almost feel like never doing it again once you have done it. However, the body does accumulate to the wax strip being pulled off, and pain will diminish with more treatments.
4. Waxing aftercare
After waxing, you also need to adopt a skincare routine to lessen swelling, irritation, and skin infections.
Here are a few tips and tricks for waxing aftercare for men:
- Exfoliate your skin the day before you go in for a waxing session as that will remove any dead cells on the surface of the skin.
- Waxing is a process to be carried out on clean skin so it is important that you first shower, and pat yourself dry, keeping the skin clean of any products before you go in for your session.
- If your hair is too long, then you can always trim it a little, leaving enough length for the wax to stick to and rip the hair at the roots for a smooth waxing session.
- If you are waxing yourself, try out the technique on smaller patches to get the hang of it. It is important that you pull the wax layer off against the hair growth, and in one swift movement if you want to get the desired effect. Pulling at the same strip repeatedly or slowly can cause more pain and irritation.
- Always try to soothe your skin with some soothing aloe vera gel after a waxing session. This will ensure that your skin does not get too swollen or irritated.