Can it get better, simpler, or more natural than just eating, drinking, and sleeping your way to healthy skin? While the skin’s elasticity and texture may change as we age, diet and lifestyle choices, as well s the beauty products we use may play an impactful role on our skin. Here are some natural skin care tips to take care of your skin and overall health in the easiest way possible:
1. Eat right
Eating right is one of the most natural and sensible ways of caring for your skin. Planning your diet according to the needs of the body and striking the right balance of nutrients keeps the body healthy and energetic. Ultimately, the skin reflects the health of the body, and it is a great communicator. The skin of a healthy person glows naturally and needs only a little care externally. So what is the right diet that will take care of your skin?
- Eat a vitamin-filled diet: The most important part is played by the minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that your food contains.
- Eat organically: The diet should include plenty of unprocessed and unrefined foods like whole grains, legumes, tubers, fruits and vegetables, and good protein like organic meat, fish, eggs, and cheese. Choosing organic food free of toxins and chemicals keeps diseases away and is necessary for healthy skin.
Antioxidants: Foods like berries, spinach, beets, and beans that contain antioxidants boost your immune system, improve blood circulation, and slow down the aging process.
- Vitamins: Vitamin C helps in collagen production, making the skin smooth and healthy.
- Avoid sugar: Along with this, it’s better to avoid sugar as it robs the skin of its elasticity by reducing collagen production.
- Consume healthy fats: Good fats found in foods like nuts, olive oil, fish, and flax seeds promote radiant and healthy skin.
2. Drink healthy fluids
Hydration is the key to radiant skin and the most natural skin care tip. The bodily functions of blood circulation and nutrient absorption are smooth when the body is properly hydrated with an adequate amount of water. Skin is the largest organ of the body, and the skin cells, just as the rest of the cells of the body, are made up of water.
If the skin does not get enough water, it becomes dry and flaky, and wrinkles appear on the skin. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day keeps the skin moisturized and maintains its elasticity. As the liquids detoxify the body, the skin appears supple and healthy. Warm water with lemon juice and green tea are known to have properties that detoxify the body, leaving the skin fresh. Staying hydrated also fights excess oiliness of the skin and, in turn, prevents acne and other skin issues.
2. Sleep tight
Here’s a natural skin care tip that you don’t have to work hard for! Your body repairs itself in complete rest, and the skin is also refreshed. The body needs an average of seven hours of sleep every day, and it is important to sleep well for good health and well being in the long run. It should be quality sleep at the right time every day to keep your mind and body in good health. During sleep, the body produces new cells, boosts collagen production, and refreshes the skin with improved blood flow. The natural glow of your skin has a lot to do with a night of good restful sleep. Sleep keeps the body and mind functioning with energy and freshness, and the skin naturally looks youthful.