One of the main features that consumers are looking for in their cars is reliability. Many shoppers are looking for to protect their purchase with an extended car warranty. An extended warranty provides peace of mind that limits the financial risk for a fixed period of time by covering the cost of certain repairs. These warranties are available through dealerships, insurance companies, and auto clubs.
The main things to consider before purchasing an extended car warranty include the following:
1. Extended warranty offered by dealers
- The AAA offers a vehicle service contract that combines the warranty protections with other services like battery replacement, rental car coverage, and even top reimbursements as well.
- General Motors have a program that offers customers coverage to five years or 60,000 miles for cars like Chevrolet or GMC vehicles.
- GMC offers a 6 year or 70,000 miles coverage for Cadillac and Buick customers.
- Apart from these, GMC offers coverage for 36,000 to 50,000 miles or 3 or 4 years for new car warranties.
These are the most popular car warranties that you can find today.
2. Tips while purchasing a car warranty
There are several extended car warranty benefits you can get, but before you buy one, you need to keep certain things in mind, such as
- Your vehicle will come with a manufacturer’s warranty. So ensure you buy an extended car warranty just before as that expires.
- A car warranty is much lower and comes with more benefits the sooner you purchase it.
- You don’t have to buy the extended warranty from the first dealership you visit. Look around and find one with extended car warranty benefits to fit your needs.
- Ensure you are buying the extended car warranty from a reputable provider.
- You need to find all extended car warranty benefits offered by the dealership and opt for them before you finalize it.
- Be aware of what the warranty will cover and the claim process well in advance.
3. Benefits of an extended car warranty
Cars come with a lot of complicated technology today and might need a warranty to keep it in good shape and for long time usage. If you know you are covered through a warranty, you will have peace of mind when it comes to keeping your vehicle in shape. Most extended car warranties come with additional services as well. A sudden mishap or breakdown can increase repair costs and become a financial burden. Instead, if protected by warranty, you will not have much to worry about financially. Repairs are a lot more expensive when compared to an extended warranty on the vehicle. Buying the extended warranty from your dealer can be a good experience as you will be receiving the best services from the very place you had purchased the car.
If you are looking to use the vehicle for the long term, you should consider a warranty as most extended car warranty benefits are worth it.